Where in the world are you?
You might consider spending a semester here at KCAI. If you attend one of our exchange partner schools and are interested in participating in the exchange program, please contact your home institution’s exchange officer listed below.
KCAI partner schools
KCAI currently has exchange agreements with the following schools:
University of Tasmania, Hobart
Marnie Slaghuis, study abroad and exchange co-ordinator
Universidad San Francisco de Quito
Jennifer M. Mullin, international programs coordinator
University of Brighton
Sue Gollifer, faculty of arts
Paris College of Art
Carolina Spielmann, visiting student program coordinator
University of West Hungary, International Ceramic Studio
Steve Mattison, international coordinator and residencies
The National College of Art and Design
Berna Scanlan, international unit/LLP Erasmus
Bezalel Academy of Arts and Design
Jennifer Avery, exchange programs coordinator
Osaka University of the Arts
Ryo Hisano, chief, division of international affairs
Sarah Gauthier, liaison advisor
Universidad de Castilla – La Mancha
Vidal Gamonal, international relations officer
Bilkent University – Faculty of Art, Design and Architecture
Aysegul Basol, coordinator, Office of International Exchange Programs
In order to be considered for exchange, you should submit the required documentation to your school’s exchange officer no later than March 1 for a fall semester (August through December) exchange, or October 1 for a spring semester (January through May) exchange.
Applying for exchange
In order to apply to spend a semester or year at KCAI on exchange, you will need to submit a complete exchange application packet to your home school’s exchange officer listed above. Please note, your home school may require additional application requirements from you.
If you wish to apply to participate in the exchange program, you will need to submit the following application requirements to your home school’s exchange officer who will forward them to KCAI on your behalf:
- KCAI International Exchange Application. Download the exchange application here.
- Transcripts/mark sheets. Unofficial transcripts/mark sheets are acceptable for admission as an exchange student.
- Two letters of recommendation written by the same recommenders who complete the reference letter forms for your application.
- Portfolio of work with approximately 15-20 images or comparable footage uploaded to Flickr or a comparable online site. Provide the link to your online portfolio in your statement of purpose.
- One- to two-page statement of purpose written in English and thoughtfully considering your academic, personal and/or career goals for wishing to attend KCAI on exchange.
- Photocopy of the biographical page of your passport. If you do not have a passport, you will need to apply for one as soon as possible as you cannot participate in the exchange program without one.
- Proof of financial support. You can be accepted as an exchange student prior to submitting this, but will not receive the immigration forms required in order for you to apply for your student visa until after you have submitted the appropriate proof of financial support. Download more information on the proof of financial support here and the affidavit of support here.
After your application for exchange has been reviewed by KCAI, you will be contacted by the international studies coordinator to inform you whether or not you have been accepted into the exchange program.