Admissions technical assistant
Position: Admissions Technical Assistant
Status: Full-Time Non-Exempt Staff
Start date: Feb. 2015
Reporting to the dean for admissions and recruitment, the admissions technical assistant assists the director of admissions technology in co-managing database maintenance and use, application processing, and implementation of the communication plan. Compensation will be in the low-30’s annually plus exceptional benefits including 100% employer paid insurance for the employee, generous 403(b) match for qualified employees, as well as extremely generous holiday schedule and vacation time.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Assist with database management and associated admissions processes
- Application processing including fee and deposit processing
- Coordinate college fair, national portfolio day, and event registration process
- Coordinate and maintain admissions communication plan, including managing mass email campaigns
Requirements for the position:
- Knowledge of databases and data management as related to recruitment and admission processes
- Very strong computer and database skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to handle high volume of assignments
- Proficiency in adjusting priorities accordingly
Education and experience requirements:
- Prefer two years of admissions experience in a college or university setting
- Bachelor’s degree
About KCAI: Kansas City Art Institute is a four-year, independent and accredited college of art and design founded in 1885 and located in the cultural heart of metropolitan Kansas City, Mo. The college enrolls more than 700 undergraduate students drawn regionally, nationally and internationally.
Application deadlines and procedures: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until a suitable candidate is selected. Applications received during the finalist stage of the search are not guaranteed consideration. Employment is contingent upon satisfactory results from a background check.
• letter of application
• list of three professional references we may contact
• a separate personal statement on the most essential characteristics a person must have to successfully manage data in a database (applications without this statement will not be considered)
Complete applications will be acknowledged by return e-mail within one week of submission.
Questions may be directed to:
Kansas City Art Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer