Status: Part-time staff
Start date: Immediate opening
Description: Reporting to the vice president for advancement, who oversees all aspects of the fundraising arm of the college, this position provides administrative assistance for the VPA from routine operations to special assignments and supports other aspects of the fundraising operation as assigned. The position normally works 20 hours per week at $13.67 per hour.
Primary duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide direct support to the VPA including calendar management and keeping the VPA informed on various matters
- Record donor notes and entries into Raiser’s Edge, a fundraising data base
- Schedule meetings
- Field and route calls/inquiries to appropriate parties
- Assist with donor mailings and emails
- Process purchase orders
- Order supplies
- Serve as the point person for individuals contacting the advancement office
- As assigned by the VPA, assist department directors/personnel with programs or duties
Requirements for the position:
- Strong administrative, computer, organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Must be extremely detail oriented
- Ability to use or be trained on latest computer equipment and programs being used by the advancement office, including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite products, Raiser’s Edge and Jenzabar (the college’s integrated database)
- Ability to fully engage in and provide support at fundraising events.
Education and experience requirements:
- College degree preferred
- Two years of related administrative experience
- Previous work experience in fundraising environment preferred; Raiser’s Edge experience a plus
About KCAI: Kansas City Art Institute is a four-year, independent and accredited college of art and design founded in 1885 and located in the cultural heart of metropolitan Kansas City, Mo. The college enrolls more than 700 undergraduate students drawn regionally, nationally and internationally.
Application deadlines and procedures: Open until filled. Applications received by Nov. 15 are assured fullest consideration. Applications received during the finalist stage are not guaranteed consideration.
Attach to the e-mail in PDF format only:
- Letter of application
- List of three professional references we may contact
Applications will be acknowledged by return email within one week of application submission.
Questions may be directed to:
KCAI Director of Human Resources
Kansas City Art Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer