Advising module technician
Status: Part-time staff
Start date: Immediate opening
Description: Accurately manage the student advising integrated database, adhering to the federal and state mandates regarding student information and the routine operations of the office of academic advising and career services. This is a year-round part-time position working 20 hours per week at $14 per hour.
Requirements for the position:
- Experience working in records management or database technology
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft SQL
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and complete assigned duties and projects on a timely basis
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of FERPA
- Ability to work within and contribute to a collaborative work environment
Education and experience requirements:
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree and one year experience working in records management or database management
- Work experience in an educational setting or equivalent
About KCAI: Kansas City Art Institute is a four-year, independent and accredited college of art and design founded in 1885 and located in the cultural heart of metropolitan Kansas City, Mo. The college enrolls more than 750 undergraduate students drawn regionally, nationally and internationally.
Application deadlines and procedures: Open until filled; however, fullest consideration will be given to those applications received by Nov. 1, 2013. Applications received during the finalist stage are not guaranteed consideration.
Attach to the email in PDF format only:
- Letter of application
- A separate personal philosophical statement describing the importance of data, data management, and having access to the information in an institution of higher education (applications without this statement will not be considered).
- List of three professional references we may contact
Complete applications will be acknowledged by return email within one week of submission.
Questions may be directed to:
KCAI Director of Human Resources
Kansas City Art Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer