Executive administrative assistant to the president
The Kansas City Art Institute, a national leader in visual arts education, is seeking applications for the full-time position of executive administrative assistant to the president. KCAI offers an exceptional benefits package to full-time employees, including 100 percent employer-paid insurance, a 5 percent retirement match for eligible participants, three weeks of vacation time, more than two weeks of sick time, plus generous holiday time off.
This individual provides a high level of administrative assistance to the institution’s president and board of trustees, exercising discretion and judgment. Duties include planning all committee and board meetings, agendas, taking accurate minutes of required meetings, ensuring board members receive appropriate materials and notifications and maintaining efficiency in the president’s office. Effective communication, confidentiality and attention to detail are essential to this position.
Essential functions of the position:
- Maintain confidentiality on all information contained in committee meetings, board of trustee meetings and all business regarding the institution.
- Prepare agendas, meeting notices, minutes and resolutions for committee and board of trustee meetings. Ensure minutes are completed and provided to members in a timely manner. Maintains board of trustees’ calendar.
- Make arrangements, including travel, for board members and president, as appropriate.
- Attend all committee meetings and board meetings, ensuring the meeting space is appropriately set up and all needs have been attended to. Serve as recording secretary for all committee and board of trustee meetings.
- Maintain the president’s electronic calendar and prepares materials for all presidential meetings.
- Run on- and off-campus errands for the president’s office as necessary.
- Prepare drafts, letters, memos and reports, distribute as appropriate and retain electronic copies.
- Plan and coordinate receptions, luncheons, etc., for various groups and programs hosted by the president and board chair.
- Act as a main point of contact for industry-specific surveys and reports. Collaborate with other departments to ensure timely completion of these surveys and reports
- Manage efficiency within the president’s office and oversee the administrative assistant to the office, delegating work as appropriate. Complete performance evaluations and provide guidance and corrective action as necessary to the administrative assistant.
- Maintain the president’s and the board of trustees’ budgets. A basic understanding of finance and budgets is needed.
- Prepare forms independently and compose letters for the president’s signature.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the president.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Ability to use latest computer equipment and programs being used by the division. Including, but not limited to:
- Microsoft office suite products, including Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Advanced Excel knowledge including charts and budget spreadsheets. Familiarity with statistics would be a plus.
- Familiar with gmail
- Must have strong administrative, computer, organizational and detail skills.
- At least six years of experience in administrative support.
- Ability to self-motivate and function autonomously.
- Possess strong problem-solving skills with the ability to monitor own work and work of those supervised, for accuracy and thoroughness.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable personal vehicle.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities and use time efficiently, including responding to emails and requests in a timely manner.
- Ability to shift priorities as required
- Ability to work a minimum of 37.5 hours a week with additional time some evenings and weekends for meetings during peak times.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and transfer short distances.
- Possess manual dexterity sufficient to operate telephones, computers and phone equipment.
- Ability to speak and communicate clearly in order to accurately convey information in person or by phone.
- Ability to hear normal audio levels of speaking whether in person or over the phone.
- Vision correctable to 20/40.
Interested candidates should apply by March 31, 2014. To apply, please send a PDF document containing a cover letter with salary requirements, your resume, a brief personal statement regarding your approach to a high level support role and a list of three professional references. The PDF document should be emailed to: ExecAdAssist4314@kcai.edu
. All candidates will receive an email confirming receipt of the above documents within one week of submission.
Equal Opportunity Employer