Department: School for Continuing and Professional Studies
Status: Part-time staff
Start date: On or about May 19, 2014
General description: Provide operations oversight and administrative support for CPS weekend program classes and activities on the main campus. The position will work no more than 15 hours per week at $10 per hour.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Handle on-site enrollments
- Assist instructors
- Perform clerical tasks
- Respond to inquiries
- Assure any needed communications are directed to regular staff
- Receive and greet visitors
- Support for department programs
- Database entry and record-keeping
Requirements for the position:
- Strong organization, office, clerical and computer skills
- Must be multi-task oriented
- Must deliver excellent customer service
- Ability to lift/carry up to 30 lbs and be able to move supplies, tables, etc., as needed
Education and experience requirements:
- Secondary education required with 60 college hours preferred
- General office experience, preferably in an academic environment
- Computer user experience in standard word processing and spreadsheet programs; experience with database programs helpful
About KCAI: Kansas City Art Institute is a four-year, independent and accredited college of art and design founded in 1885 and located in the cultural heart of metropolitan Kansas City, Mo. The college enrolls more than 700 undergraduate students drawn regionally, nationally and internationally.
Application deadlines and procedures: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until a suitable candidate is selected. Applications received during the finalist stage of the search are not guaranteed consideration. Employment is contingent upon satisfactory results from a background check.
Letter of application
- List of three professional references we may contact
- A separate philosophical statement on how to maximize customer service to clientele (applications without this statement will not be considered)
Complete applications will be acknowledged by return email within one week of submission.
Questions may be directed to:
Kansas City Art Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer