AICAD Mobility Program
Kansas City Art Institute maintains partnerships with the majority of AICAD schools in the U.S. and Canada where our students may apply to spend one semester studying off-campus.
Pictured: Sculpture alumna Molly Ryan (center) at Maryland Institute College of Art during the fall 2012 semester.
When you participate in the Association of Independent Colleges of Art and Design Mobility Program:
- You will continue to be a full-time KCAI student
- You will pay your tuition to KCAI as usual
- You will still receive all of your financial aid and scholarships
- You will pay no tuition to the partner school
- You will only be responsible for:
- Your transportation to and from your host school
- Your cost of living
- Your books/supplies
- Any miscellaneous fee, such as an orientation fee or studio fees
- The credit you earn while studying at one of our AICAD partner schools counts as KCAI credit (not transfer credit)
- Because credits from these partner schools qualify as KCAI credit, they count toward fulfilling the requirement that your last 30 credit hours be earned at KCAI.
In order to apply for participation in the AICAD Mobility Program you must:
- Be a full-time KCAI student the semester prior to and the semester of your proposed mobility
- Have at least junior studio status the semester of your proposed mobility
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Be a student in good academic and financial standing, and not on disciplinary probation
Pictured: Oregon College of Art and Craft ceramics student Jordan Pieper in KCAI's Art Supply Store during his semester on mobility (spring 2014).
AICAD Mobility partner schools
For a list of institutions currently participating in the AICAD Mobility Program, click here.
How can you find out which partner schools offer your major?
- Go to www.aicad.org
- Click on the Choosing a School button
- Select your major/department from the Area of Study drop-down box
- Click the Search button
- The Search Results will list all of the AICAD schools that offer your major/program of study
KCAI students interested in participating in the AICAD Mobility Program should submit applications to the KCAI International Studies Office no later than March 15th for fall semester mobility and Oct. 15th for spring semester mobility.
Students studying at a participating AICAD Institution interested in mobility at KCAI should submit applications through the mobility coordinator at their home school. Incoming Mobility applications are due to the KCAI International Studies Office by April 1st for fall semester mobility or Nov.1st for spring semester mobility.
Thinking about applying?
Download a comprehensive information packet
Ready to apply?
Download the application
For more information or to schedule an appointment, contact exchange and reception coordinator Paige Glenn at email@example.com or 816-802-3560.