First Year Student
To be considered for admission to KCAI, submit the following materials.
Your personal statement is a way for us to get to know you! In approximately 500 words, tell us about your background in art, your goals while at KCAI, and your career goals.
We require 10-15 images of recent work that demonstrates both your technical and conceptual strengths.
High School Transcripts
Submit in one of the following ways
- Electronically using Parchment, National Student Clearinghouse, Credentials Solutions or SCOIR to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mailed in an unopened envelope stamped and sealed by your high school to
KCAI Admissions Office
4415 Warwick Blvd.
Kansas City, MO 64111
- Hand-delivered to campus in an unopened envelope stamped and sealed by your high school.
*Home-schooled students must submit transcripts from attended high school(s) and a home-school transcript.
**If you have your GED or HiSET, you must submit the official test score and transcripts from attended high school(s).
Standardized Test Scores
KCAI does not require standardized test scores. However, applicants from Missouri who may qualify for the Bright Flight program should submit their scores in one of the following ways:
- High School Transcript – Your ACT or SAT scores may automatically appear on your high school transcript. Please refer to the information above regarding how to submit your official high school transcript.
- Testing Agency:
- ACT scores can be requested by visiting their website. Please note our school code is 2277.
- SAT scores can be sent to us directly from the College Board using one of the following two services. Please note our school code is 6330:
If you have completed undergraduate level college coursework and you would like to be considered for transfer credit, you will need to submit your official college transcript(s). In order to be considered official, transcripts must be submitted one of the following ways:
- Digital/Electronic – We accept secure electronic/digital transcripts from Parchment (Naviance), National Student Clearinghouse, Credential Solutions, and SCOIR; check with your college/university to see if they’re a member. Please have the transcript sent to email@example.com.
- Mail – If you’re sending your official transcript by mail, it must be mailed to us in an unopened envelope stamped and sealed by your college/university. Please have it mailed to
KCAI Admissions Office
4415 Warwick Blvd.,
Kansas City, MO 64111.
Letter of Recommendation
Submitting a letter of recommendation is optional but is strongly recommended for all applicants. Letters of recommendation are helpful in getting to know your performance within an educational setting. We strongly encourage you to pick a teacher who can speak to things like your work ethic, art making abilities, and personal character.
Letters of recommendation may be submitted in one of the following ways:
- We accept electronic/digital letters of recommendation from Parchment (Naviance); please check with your high school guidance office to see if they’re a member.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org directly with letters of recommendation.
- Request that KCAI email a form to your references for a letter of recommendation via the KCAI application. Please note that you will need the name and email address of each reference to use this feature.
Advanced Placement or International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme
If you have completed Advanced Placement Examinations (AP) or International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (IB), you may apply those credits to KCAI.