Tuition + Fees
The total cost to attend KCAI for one academic year is called Cost of Attendance. It includes tuition for fall and spring semesters, an estimate of fees, costs for books and supplies, housing and food, transportation and personal expenses. For this estimate, see Cost of Attendance.
2023 - 2024 Tuition + Fees
- Annual (12-18 credits) - $42,000
- Per Semester - $21,000
- Summer Tuition (per credit) - $440
- Annual Major Fee (all departments) - $800
- Annual Technology Fee - $600
- Annual Health and Wellness Fee* - $150
- Summer Department Fee (per credit) - $34
- Late Registration Fee** - $200
*The health and wellness fee is paid each semester by all students. The fees collected are used to provide access to medical and mental health resources, as well as general wellness programs and resources for all students.
**Students who are dropped for non-payment and re-registered
KCAI helps over 99% of our students find the financial aid they need to pursue their B.F.A. degree.
2023 - 2024 Housing + Food Plans
- Double Room (two semesters) - $9,170
- Non-Refundable Application Fee - $50
Wylie Dining Resident Food Plans
- 14 meals per week* - $3,340
- 19 meals per week** - $3,730
Non-Resident Food Plans
- 45 meals per semester*** - $630
- 75 meals per semester*** - $855
- 115 meals per semester*** - $1,135
*Includes $125 dining dollars annually
**Includes $200 dining dollars annually
***Includes $250 dining dollars per semester
Dining dollars are for use at Café Nerman
GradGuard's Tuition Protection Plan
Is your family prepared for the unexpected after classes begin? Enjoy the peace of mind that comes with GradGuard’s™ Tuition Protection Plan.
We believe it’s important to offer an easy, affordable way to protect the investment your family has made in higher education. That’s why Kansas City Art Institute has partnered with GradGuard to provide our families with tuition insurance featuring modern-day benefits and rates available through school partnerships.
This policy complements the scope of your school’s refund policy by aiding in the reimbursement for tuition, room and board and other fees for covered withdrawals at any time during the semester. Plans also include Student Life Assistance: a 24-hour emergency hotline that offers students and parents even greater peace of mind.
Terms, conditions, and exclusions apply. Pricing and Plans vary by state. Visit GradGuard.com for terms.