We value students who choose to transfer in to our undergraduate program and bring their unique educational perspectives. In order for a new transfer student to receive a B.F.A degree from KCAI, they must complete our minimum requirement of four, full-time semesters.
Your personal statement is a way for our Admissions Committee to get to know you. It should be as authentic as you are!
In approximately 500 words, give us thoughtful insight into who you are as an artist, student, and individual. Tell us about your background in art, your artistic goals, and your career goals!
We require 10-15 images of recent work that demonstrates both your technical and conceptual strengths.
High School Transcripts
Only transfer students who have earned fewer than 24 college credits, including coursework in humanities and science, are required to submit a high school transcript. If you have not yet earned 24 college credits, please submit your official high school transcript following the information below.
Submit in one of the following ways
- Electronically using Parchment, National Student Clearinghouse, Credentials Solutions or SCOIR to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mailed in an unopened envelope stamped and sealed by your high school to
KCAI Admissions Office
4415 Warwick Blvd.
Kansas City, MO 64111
- Hand-delivered to campus in an unopened envelope stamped and sealed by your high school.
*Home-schooled students must submit transcripts from attended high school(s) & a home-school transcript.
**If you have your GED or HiSET, you must submit the official test score and transcripts from attended high school(s).
Standardized Test Scores
KCAI does not require standardized test scores. However, applicants from Missouri who may qualify for the Bright Flight program should submit their scores in one of the following ways:
- High School Transcript – Your ACT or SAT scores may automatically appear on your high school transcript. Please refer to the information above regarding how to submit your official high school transcript.
- Testing Agency:
Advanced Placement or International Baccalaureate Credit
If you have completed Advanced Placement Examinations (AP) or the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme, you may apply those credits to KCAI.
Letter of Recommendation
Submitting a letter of recommendation is optional but is strongly recommended for all applicants. Letters of recommendation are helpful in getting to know your performance within an educational setting. We strongly encourage you to pick a teacher who can speak to things like your work ethic, art making abilities, and personal character.
Letters of recommendation may be submitted in one of the following ways:
- Email email@example.com directly with letters of recommendation.
- Request that KCAI email a form to your references for a letter of recommendation via the KCAI application. Please note that you will need the name and email address of each reference to use this feature.